Spend a day getting a taste for the Abel Tasman
Be whisked away from your base in Nelson and fit some key highlights of one of New Zealand’s Great Walks into even the tightest travel schedules.
Approx. 5 hours walking – 14.1km
We’ll meet at your Nelson accommodation and drive out to Marahau to collect our water taxi to take us to the civilised Torrent Bay, in the heart of the Abel Tasman National Park. We begin our walk from the small Torrent Bay settlement and head deep into the park to the iconic Falls River Swing Bridge and on to the golden sands of Bark Bay. Hear some of the many stories of the Maori and early European settlers in this historic area from your knowledgeable local guide. From this lovely bay the track heads up the largest ascent ending up at Tonga Quarry and crescent shaped Onetahuti Beach. Here we are met by a water taxi and shuttled back to Marahau passing Adele and Fisherman Islands. Inspired and a little tired we return you to your accommodations and bid farewell.
$559 per person
*Minimum booking 2 people
- Transport from your Nelson accommodations to Marahau and back to Nelson
- A packed lunch including fresh brewed coffee & tea
- Water Taxi transport to Torrent Bay and return from Onetahuti to Marahau
- The services of a well-informed guide
- Your personalised itinerary, maps and other information