A short and sweet adventure
If you only have a couple of days and want to experience the best parts of the Abel Tasman Coastal Track this trip is the perfect solution. Walking from Marahau to Onetahuti you get to see the highlights from deep in the park including marvelling at the wonderful wild forest and its native birdlife and walk along many of those famous golden sand beaches.
This is an unguided package, which allows you to enjoy the track at your own pace, with all the information you need to get the most out of your Abel Tasman experience. Spend the night in a private room on the Aquapackers boat in Anchorage, to experience unique New Zealand accommodation.
$465 per person Share Twin
- Transport from your Nelson accommodation to Marahau & back to Nelson
- 1 nights accommodation in a private room onboard Aquapackers boat, Anchorage
- All luggage transfers – you carry just a daypack with your lunch etc.
- 2 packed lunches
- All food including BBQ evening meal & breakfast
- Water Taxi transport from Onetahuti back to Marahau
- Your personalised itinerary, maps and other information
- A full briefing by one of our staff in Marahau
- A single supplement will apply if single occupancy is required
Approx 4 hours walking – 12.4km
Pickup from your accommodations in the Nelson area with road transport to Marahau. Check in bags for luggage transfers, collect your lunch then your briefing from our staff then its off you go.
Spend the day hiking, swimming and exploring the forest, the track and the golden sand beaches en route to Anchorage.
Enjoy staying in a private room onboard the Aquapackers boat in Anchorage with a delicious BBQ dinner served on deck.
Approx 6 hours walking – 17.5kms
Begin walking along the wonderful beach at Anchorage, pass civilised Torrent Bay before heading up and over to the iconic Falls River Swing Bridge and further to Bark Bay. This is a great spot for lunch and perhaps a swim if the day is warm. Walking around the Bark Bay Inlet you will get some wonderful views looking out to sea. Soon the track heads up the largest ascent on the whole trip, ending up back at sea level at Tonga Quarry a short distance from Onetahuti Beach.
There may be time for a swim before the Aquataxi picks you up to take you back to Marahau to join our transport back to your accommodation in Nelson.