Get a taste of the Abel Tasman with us
Allow us to take you on a mini adventure through the best parts of the Abel Tasman Coastal Track.
Walk at your own pace while hearing about the history of the area and local flora and fauna on this all inclusive guided walk. Spend the night comfort camping in our Kathmandu Retreat 280 tents with one of the most stunning beaches just outside your door and experience unique New Zealand accommodation.
$999 per person Share Twin
- Transport from your Nelson accommodation to Marahau & back to Nelson
- 1 nights accommodation in a Kathmandu Retreat 280 tent in Anchorage Camp
- All luggage transfers – you carry just a daypack with your lunch etc
- 2 packed lunches, including fresh brewed coffee and tea
- All food including evening meal and breakfast
- Water taxi transport from Onetahuti back to Marahau
- Foot towels – for drying feet after tidal crossings
- The services of a well-informed guide
- Your personalised itinerary, maps and other information
- A single supplement will apply if single occupancy is required
Approx 4 hours walking – 12.4km
We’ll pick you up at your Nelson or Motueka accommodation and drive you out to Marahau to start our walk.
We’ll spend the day hiking through beautiful native forests and along pristine golden sand beaches. Linger over our lunches with your toes in the sand or swim in one of the many bays we come across. We’ll finish off the day at our accommodation in Anchorage, a Kathmandu Retreat 280 tent on Anchorage Beach – the perfect spot for a delicious meal.
Approx 6 hours walking 17.5kms
We begin walking along the wonderful beach at Anchorage, past the small Torrent Bay settlement before heading up and over to the iconic Falls River Swing Bridge and further to Bark Bay. This is a great spot for lunch, and perhaps a swim if the day is warm. Walking around the Bark Bay Inlet we get some wonderful views looking out to sea. Soon the track heads up the largest ascent on the whole trip ending up back at sea level at Tonga Quarry, a short distance from Onetahuti Bay.
There may be time for a swim before catching the water taxi back to Marahau to meet our transport back to Nelson.