A bite-sized experience for busy schedules
Fit some key highlights of one of New Zealand’s Great Walks into even the busiest schedules or short trips to New Zealand.
This is an unguided package, which allows you to enjoy the track at your own pace, with all the information you need to get the most out of your Abel Tasman experience. Stay in a delightful hotel room at Awaroa Lodge, so you can relax in well-earned luxurious surroundings after a day on the track.
$675 per person Share Twin
- Transport from your Nelson accommodation to Marahau & back to Nelson
- 1 night’s accommodation in a wonderful hotel room at Awaroa Lodge
- All luggage transfers – you carry just a daypack with your lunch etc.
- 2 packed lunches
- Breakfast included at Awaroa lodge (Dinner is not provided)
- All water taxi transport – two shuttles
- Your personalised itinerary, maps and other information
- A detailed pre trip briefing by one of our staff in Marahau
- A single supplement will apply if single occupancy is required
Approx. 6.5 hours walking – 18.8kms
Pickup from your accommodation in the Nelson/Motueka area. Road transport to Marahau arriving at the Aquataxi base there. Depart on a 9am water taxi for Torrent Bay.
Begin your walk at the settlement there, and head up and over to the iconic Falls River Swing Bridge, and further on to Bark Bay. From this lovely bay the track heads up the largest ascent on the whole trip ending up back at sea level at Tonga Quarry. A lovely walk along crescent shaped Onetahuti Beach follows and then the last saddle sees you arrive at wonderful Awaroa Lodge.
After a rejuvenating shower in your room you are ready to enjoy the bar & restaurant there. Enjoy your stay in wonderful Awaroa Lodge.
Approx. 3 hours 8.1kms
About 20 minutes from Awaroa Lodge is a wide tidal crossing, then journey in to some wonderful podocarp forest before bursting out on the golden sand of Waiharakeke Bay and Goat Bay before the final ascent over to the popular camping spot of Totaranui. Once at Totaranui the Aquataxi will pick you up and return you past all those golden sand beaches to Marahau. Your land transport to Nelson/Motueka departs conveniently from the Aquataxi base – dropping you at your Nelson accommodation.