If you only have a day to spare
Spend a day getting a delicious taste of this amazing Great Walk and discover why the Abel Tasman National Park is world famous. It’s so magical one day just won’t be enough, you’ll definitely want to come back.
Approx. 4 hours walking – 12.4km
We’ll meet at your Nelson accommodation and drive out to Marahau to collect our water taxi to Anchorage/Torrent Bay. This gets us straight to the heart of the Abel Tasman National Park and lets us explore this portion of the park at our own pace as we meander back to Marahau. Discover regenerating native forest, magnificent views, and spend time relaxing on one of the many golden beaches – including our favourite, Apple Tree Bay. Hear some of the plentiful stories of Maori and early European history from your knowledgeable local guide. After our relaxing and stimulating day we drop you off at your hotel in the evening, tired but inspired.
$399 per person
- Transport from your Nelson accommodations to Marahau and back to Nelson
- A packed lunch including fresh brewed coffee & tea
- Water Taxi transport from Marahau to Anchorage/Torrent Bay
- Foot towels for drying feet after tidal crossings
- The services of a well-informed guide
- Your personalised itinerary, maps and other information