Come with us and take a small bite out of the Abel Tasman
Let us show you some of the highlights of the Abel Tasman National Park when you only have a couple of days to spare.
Walk at your own pace while hearing about the history of the area and the local flora and fauna on this all inclusive guided walk. Stay in a delightful hotel room at Awaroa Lodge, so you can relax in well-earned surroundings after a day on the track.
$1299 per person Twin Share
- Transport from your Nelson accommodation to Marahau & back to Nelson
- 1 nights accommodation in a wonderful hotel room at Awaroa Lodge
- All luggage transfers – you carry just a daypack with your lunch etc
- 2 packed lunches including fresh brewed coffee and tea
- Restaurant dining at Awaroa Lodge for dinner and breakfast
- All water taxi transport – two shuttles
- Foot towels for drying feet after tidal crossings
- The services of a well-informed guide
- Your personalised itinerary, maps and other information
- A single supplement will apply if single occupancy is required
Approx. 6.5 hours walking – 18.8kms
We’ll pick you up at your Nelson or Motueka accommodation and drive you out to Marahau to catch a water taxi to Torrent Bay.
We begin our walk at the small Torrent Bay settlement, heading for the iconic Falls River Swing Bridge and further on to Bark Bay. From this lovely bay the track heads up the largest ascent on the whole trip ending up back at sea level at Onetahuti Bay. A lovely walk along crescent shaped Onetahuti Beach follows and our final hill sees us arrive at the wonderful Awaroa Lodge. After a rejuvenating shower in your room you are ready to enjoy the bar and restaurant there. Stay the night in wonderful Awaroa Lodge.
Approx. 3 hours 8.1kms
Today is a much more leisurely day, starting with a wide tidal crossing not far from Awaroa Lodge. We meander through beautiful podocarp forest, before bursting out on the golden sand of Waiharakeke bay and then Goat Bay. Our final ascent leads us over to the popular camping spot of Totaranui. From Totaranui we will return by water taxi to Marahau, seeing from the sea the golden sand beaches we’ve walked along. Our road transport departs from Marahau to return you to your Nelson/Motueka accommodation inspired – and a little tired.