Abel Tasman Track – 4 Day Classic Freedom walk
For those who can’t get enough of this golden-sand paradise, the 3 day unguided Abel Tasman walking package with 1 extra day for sightseeing is for you. You can explore, at your own pace, the many side tracks, the native seal colonies, or try your hand at kayaking the famous Abel Tasman waters and experience the scenery from the sea.
We provide you with all the detailed information you need to get the most out of your independent Abel Tasman experience while you stay 2 nights in the delightful Awaroa Lodge as well as real Kiwi holiday accommodation. Relax in well-earned luxurious surroundings after a day on the track.
- Accommodation pickups and drop offs from and to Nelson, Motueka or Marahau
- All accommodations while walking the track
- Bag transfers between your accommodation (you only carry a daypack)
- All water taxi shuttles
- All food – except dinner & breakfast at Awaroa Lodge
- 3 packed lunches
- Your personalised itinerary and maps for your trip (allowing for tidal crossings)
- Price based on groups of two or more. A single supplement will apply for individuals
Price: $985 per person, twin share
As there are areas on the Abel Tasman Coastal Track that can only be crossed at low tide, each walk has a customised itinerary that we create especially for your specific trip. All the personal itineraries we create make for a seamless Abel Tasman experience with all the myriad of logistics taken care of, as well as your individual desires! We will supply you with detailed trip notes, including tide times, maps and advice about what to bring with you and when to walk etc.
South to North
Walking begins in Marahau and we walk to Anchorage on day 1
Day 2 sees us walking from Anchorage to Awaroa Inlet and Lodge
Day 3 sees us making our way from Awaroa Lodge to Totaranui and return to Marahau by water taxi
North to South
Begins with a water taxi shuttle to Totaranui and then walking to Awaroa Inlet and Lodge
Day 2 Walking from Awaroa Lodge to Anchorage
Day 3 Walking from Anchorage to Marahau
More about the accommodation on this trip:
- The Abel Tasman Sands B&B in Marahau (short water taxi transfer required)
- Or Private Rooms onboard our boat moored at Anchorage
Awaroa Lodge is perhaps the most elegant place to stay in the Abel Tasman Area – it is in a truly divine setting and minutes away from the most beautiful beach – Awaroa Bay. It’s a casual, funky elegance with beachwear being the easygoing theme. We stay in well-appointed hotel rooms with ensuites and you dine in their wonderful restaurant.