For those with the tightest travel schedules. Be whisked away from your base in Nelson, and spend the day getting a taste for what makes the Abel Tasman Coastal Track one of New Zealand’s greatest treasures.
Approx. 5 hours walking – 14.1km
- Transport to Marahau from & back to your Nelson accommodations
- A packed lunch including fresh brewed coffee & tea
- Water Taxi transport to Torrent Bay and returns from Onatahuti to Marahau
- Foot towels for drying feet after tidal crossings.
- The services of a well-informed guide
- Your personalised itinerary, maps and other information
We’ll meet at your Nelson accommodation around 7am, and drive out to Marahau to collect a 9am water taxi to Torrent Bay, deep in the heart of the Abel Tasman National Park. We begin our walk from the small Torrent Bay settlement and for the iconic Falls River swing bridge and on to the golden sands of Bark Bay. Hear some of the many stories of the Maori and early European settlers in this historic area from your knowledgeable local guide. From this lovely bay the track heads up the track’s largest ascent ending up at Tonga Quarry and crescent shaped Onatahuti Beach. Here we are met by a water taxi and shuttled back to Marahau passing Adele and Fisherman Islands. Inspired and a little tired we return you to your accommodations and bid farewell.
Price: $325 per person