For those who want a bite-sized experience of the Abel Tasman trip. Fit some key highlights of one of New Zealand’s Great Walks into even the busiest schedules or short trips to New Zealand.
This two-day package includes:
- Transport to Marahau from & back to your Nelson accommodation
- 1 nights accommodation in a private room on Aquapackers boat at Anchorage
- All luggage transfers – you carry just a daypack with your lunch etc
- 2 packed lunches, including fresh brewed coffee and tea
- All food – BBQ evening meal and breakfast in the Bach
- Water taxi transport from Onatahuti back to Marahau
- Foot towels – for drying feet after tidal crossings.
- The services of a well-informed guide
- Your personalised itinerary, maps and other information
- A single supplement will apply if single occupancy is required
Price: $699 per person, Twin Share
Day 1 – Marahau to Anchorage
Approx. 4 hours walking – 12.4km
We’ll meet at your Nelson or Motueka accommodation around 7.30am, and drive out to Marahau to collect a 9.30am water taxi.
You’ll spend the day hiking through beautiful native forests and along pristine golden sand beaches. Linger over a picnic lunch with your toes in the sand or for a swim in one of the many bays you cross. We’ll finish off the day at our accommodation in Anchorage, a private room in the Aquapackers boat moored in Anchorage Bay – the perfect spot for a BBQ and a wine on the deck.
Day 2 – Anchorage to Onatahuti Beach
Approx. 6.5 hours walking, 17.5km
Beginning walking along the wonderful beach at Anchorage, past the small Torrent Bay settlement before heading up and over and to the iconic Falls River swing bridge and further to Bark Bay. This is a great spot for lunch, and perhaps a swim if the day is warm. Walking around the Bark Bay Inlet we get some wonderful views looking out to sea. Soon the track heads up the largest ascent on the whole trip ending up at back at sea level at Medlands Bay a short distance from our goal of Onatahuti Bay.
Depending on your walking speed there may be time for a swim, before catching a 3.30pm water taxi to meet your road transport at Marahau, to get you back to Nelson around 6pm.